Blog Informasi Tentang Burung Ciblek dan Burung Kicauan Lokal

Zoku Your Way Into the Weekend

It's confession time here at the bird:  I've fallen in love with the Zoku (get yours here and prepare for greatness) and am pondering a raw food diet.  Despite the  fact that the middle and end of that sentence may be true, they are not necessarily intertwined.  I am in love with the Zoku.  You know how people say something is better than sliced bread?  Well this thing really is.  I picked it up a couple weeks ago after staring at it for over a year, and am so impressed.  Let's just say that thus far I've consumed several different versions of 'boozy ice pops' aka how to make it through the Real Housewives of New York City Reunion shows...abstinence aside, of course.

This week has been filled with many challenges, but the Zoku has been here for me.  This morning I got up in a particularly chipper mood, zipped into the kitchen, made some white peach juice and proceeded to create the Peachy Keen pop.  White peach juice, a swig of vodka (but not too much or it won't freeze) and a slice of peach.  Suffice it to say the result was marvelously tasty and did not stick to the inside of the Zoku maker like, say, the strawberry limeade version that almost resulted in Carrie going to the rehab. 

I know what you're saying...there's a bite missing off the top of that ice pop.  Very astute dear readers!  Upon arriving back at home from an impromptu brunch with the Chef I yanked the ice pops out of the freezer and immediately proceeded to take a bite out of one when I realized, 'you have not taken a picture Carrie!!'  Cut to scene (2 hours later) and here I am post nail salon with the brightest pink nails I've ever sported reporting to you.  Assessment:  Zoku for President.  Or at least ambassador for world peace.

Stay tuned for other Zoku ice pop creations in the upcoming days.  We're supposed to have a week of 80+ degree days here in SoCal, so you know what that means?  No turning on the oven under any circumstances leaving mad room for Zoku flavor mania.  Maybe I should have purchased the version with 3 ice pop slots...HAPPY FRIDAY!
,